Wednesday 8 August 2007

monoprint girl brooches

Love this carefree approach to mono printing on fabric and then making it into brooches. Actually I did something, along these lines, with the doll forms that I included in my most recent printmaking installation "Aran".

I tried mono print on muslin, for the faces but I approached having the lines as the positive as opposed to the negative. Why did I not think of doing it in reverse??!!

. I mean I did not even try it although I did try several techniques. . I suppose I wanted the faces to be 'black and white" or "monachrome'!. But it might have worked .

I am still going to try to make some more Aran dolls and perhaps I will try them with faces in negative -as with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.