Monday 17 September 2007

Raping Darfur woodcut by Annie Bisset



I have been aware of 'Hanga Gir'l (her site name) in the Printmaking group on Flickr since I joined which was about 9 months ago . I had looked through her photds but had not seen this one. I think it is a really strong piece of work. I wish I could do woodcuts to that level of skill. Having said that though - I think whatever medium she might have used I still would have loved this image. It's the imagination , depth of feeling and experience, that gives it, it's strength,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aine,
    the address is DESIGN-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK.

    This reaches everyone. You need to subscribe to receive mail. http://www.drawing.org.uk/

    good luck! hope you find some drawings!

    Martyn

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.