Wednesday 21 July 2010

Trace Monotype with Microcrystalline Wax

It must be about two years ago now that I first posted on here about doing trace monotypes using a wee bit of microcrystaline wax mixed in with the oil based etching ink.  Here are some scans of section from the prints which were done about 15 years ago - I did not even have a press then.
Here is a link to the post where I first mentioned the technique  * followed by a  link to the other post 

* (The text written in purple is the relevant info. )








2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad you posted this. I couldn't find the current images when you emailed me the other day and was searching through old posts. I especially like the blue person wrapped in string or rope (um, pardon my total lack of eloquence there!). Very nice effect....like drypoint but different and like you said before, velvety. I am surprised there was no press or etching involved and would have guessed otherwise. Isn't it fun to try to decipher how prints are made? Infinite ways, which is why it is so exciting and challenging...

    Happy weekend to you! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...they are lovely...so sweet! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.